In this course you will learn about Internet of Things (IoT) and its applications in daily life. The course will teach you basics of embedded systems and its relation to IoT.
You will learn to program the most common hardware platforms, learn to acquire data from sensors and communicate it to the cloud using gateways.
You will learn about the architecture of an IoT network and also get to see how to create dashboards for the customer.
By the end of the course you will have enough knowledge to program embedded devices (nodes and gateways) and use them to design your own IoT network.
05th October 2019
8 Weeks (Saturdays)
10:00AM to 06:00PM
Limited Seats Available
Meet the trainers of this course who are financial analysts!
● Introduction to IoT
○ Importance of IoT
○ IoT Market Opportunities and impact on Businesses
● Basic Architecture for an IoT Network
○ Introduction to Fog
○ Introduction to Cloud
○ BI and Big Data Analytics on Cloud
● Development areas in Fog
● Setting up Node MCU Development Environment
● Running basic examples and communicating with Node MCU over UART
● Micro-Controllers vs Micro-processors
● Basics of a Micro-Controller
● Understanding Data Memory and Program Memory
● Memory Sections
● Processing Language and Installing Node MCU Libraries
● Embedded C Programming, Control, Bitwise ops, header
● Hands on Debugging on Node MCU
● DS1820B features and applications
● Hands on Interfacing Node MCU with DS1820B, Temperature Sensor
● C Datatypes, Structs
● OOP and its benefits in Embedded Design
● Structure of Node MCU Software Libraries
● ESP8266 datasheet continued
● Analog Reading on Node MCU, ADCs
● Analog Writing on an Node MCU, PWM
● Interfacing with Ambient Light Sensor
● Interfacing with Motion Sensor
● IoT Networks
● Cloud Basics
○ Device Management
○ Connectivity Management
○ Software Updates
○ Configuration Management
● Using Wifi on Node MCU
● Interfacing with Ethernet Shield
● Socket Programming
● Understanding Endianness
● Diagnostics and Logging in IoT
● Using DS1820B as Primary Key
● IoT Protocol Basics
● Interfacing Node MCU with Relay Module
● Embedded Linux
● Introduction to Raspberry Pi
● Setting up Raspberry Pi
● SSH, Networking with Raspberry Pi
● Blinking an LED with Raspberry Pi
● Cloud connection with Raspberry Pi
● Light, Sound and Motion Sensor with Raspberry PI
● Raspberry Pi as a webserver
● IoT Standards
● IoT Protocols
● IoT Platforms
● IoT Enabling Technologies (LoRa, NB-IOT, SigFox)
● Introduction to BLYNK
● Interfacing Node MCU with BLYNK.
● Using BLYNK apps
● Communication Protocols
● Binary Serialization: JSON, BSON
● IoT network Considerations
● IoT Industrial Verticals
○ Strategic Choices for Telecoms
○ Examples of Smart Cities, Buildings, Vehicle Tracking, Home Automation
● ThingSpeak IoT network
● Creating Account and setting up your channel
● Using Pi and Node MCU with ThingSpeak
● Understanding IoT Network Operational Issues
● Kaa Platform Example
● Micro Services Architecture
● Example Services in an IoT Network. Looking at AXEDA
● Home Automation IoT Project
● Motion, Light and Sound Sensing based Appliance Control
● Timer and Chronic Job Design on the Raspberry Pi
● Combining multiple sensors to operate appliances automatically
● Deciding Data Points
● Edge Processing
● Bringing everything together and setting up in ThingSpeak
Students, working professionals and all those who want to develop their understanding about the concepts of IoT
Mr. Hassan Ijaz
Duration: 8 weeks
Class Day: Saturdays
Timings: 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM
Since our instructors are industry experts so they do train the students about practical world and also recommend the shining students in industry for relevant positions.
Yes, you will be awarded with a course completion certificate by Dice Analytics. We also keenly conduct an annual convocation for the appreciation and recognition of our students.
Since our courses are led by Industry Experts so it is made sure that content covered in course is designed with hand on knowledge of more than 70-75 % along with supporting theory.
For IoT Professional course, you need to have a PC with minimum 4GB RAM.
This hands-on program will prepare and equip students with the in-demand skills required to become a successful IoT Engineer and start a career in the growing and lucrative field of Internet of Things.
This course will equip working professionals with the best practices and actionable knowledge needed to put you and your organization aligned with advance IoT Solutions.
You can reserve your seat by filling the form below!